Monday, August 25, 2008

my newest hobby

this post has been edited for errors. thanks to marsha for pointing out my mistakes.


is disc golf. i played once a few years ago, but for whatever reason didn't really get into it. i played again a couple of months ago and really liked it. it's much cheaper than playing regular golf -- i went and bought a few discs and a bag, for a total of about $50 - which is about two rounds of regular golf at a good course. and you don't even have to pay greens fees to play disc golf!

well, both of my parents are retired now, which means that i have someone to play with during the week when the rest of my friends are at work. my parents made fun of me for having a bag and being organized with my discs the first time we played. the second time we played i was reminded of how funny my parents really are. as we were about to head to the first tee, my dad pulled a cooler out. i thought, "great, they brought drinks"... i was informed that it wasn't a cooler.


it was their bag of discs. they had put all the old frisbees at the house into a cooler! there was a juice bars frisbee, a wheaties frisbee, a bellsouth frisbee, a nashville sounds frisbee, and even a soft a floppy mickey mouse frisbee (which i was informed was the putter since it wouldn't bounce of the chains as bad -- brilliant!) they were so committed to this joke that they played the first 3 holes with their frisbees, even though my discs were at least doubling their drives.

so to my parents - you get an A for hilarity and an A+ for commitment to the joke. top-notch work!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahahahah. Harry, I love you more every time I read your blog. However, you need to learn that it's spelled with a c, not a k :)

(yes, coming from pdga #26054, married to #17998)