Sunday, August 31, 2008

it's all about love

i'm blogging from my phone because i'm laying in my bunk and we don't have internet on the bus...

also, you can skip this blog if you're looking for something funny.

i've been thinking a lot recently about who i am and who i'm becoming. as i was updating my facebook status so that it said, "is excited to see some old friends and hoping they feel the same way", my first thought was that i was going to be made fun of for it. by one set of friends for being sappy and emotionally needy, and by another set for indirectly name-dropping because the old friends are from a band i used to work for. well to both sets i say - do your worst. i am coming to grips with the fact that despite trying not to, i do really care about what people think of me. and the couple of months that i spent traveling with that group contain some of my greatest memories.

i am also learning about myself that i genuinely care for most of the people i work for and with on the road. sure, a lot of times it's my job to make their life easier, but i am sure i could find another job. i just really like to serve other people, and i think that's a tangible outpouring of my love for them. so i guess i love to love people.

so you can make fun of me for my facebook status or for the soul bearing mush i just spent entirely too long typing on my phone when i should be sleeping.... but i feel like it's time for me to embrace what i've been created to do, and i believe that is to love people.

2 comments:

Kate said...

And we love you back. Thanks for being honest about who you are and what you feel.

Marsha said...

and those who may ridicule quite obviously do not know the true joy of being one of Harry's friends :)