Monday, April 28, 2008

arkansas common sense

today we were in fort smith arkansas. i should have expected a bad day coming because every day so far this run has been really good. the first clue that it was going to be a long day was when the hired stage hands asked me which side was stage right, followed by hearing about guys having to be told three times what front of house was.

then came time to start putting together my lighting towers. i gave my hands a stack of bolts and showed them where the bases and truss were to put together. then i told them i would be right back as soon as i finished the other thing i was doing. the bolts have two washers and a nut on them. common sense says that one washer goes on each side...

so i finished what i was doing and went to check on their progress. when i got over to them, they had put both washers on the same side of the base. i told them that we had to take them all off and put one washer on both sides. this one guy said, "you didn't tell us that." my reply was "sorry. that's my fault. i thought it was common sense." the guy proceeded to look straight in my face and say, "not my common sense."

hooray for some days off.

No comments: